Monday, September 10, 2007

Cracking start

It has been only few weeks of the Toastmaster year and the club is already making a good showing. President CC Premelal Brahmanage even though is yet to be formerly installed has had a cracking start (at least the post meeting water sessions!). With his dedication towards the Toastmasters cause, all can be assured of the fact that this year, like the previous year is going to be filled with action. VP Ed. CC Karthik Ramachandran has already got into action in two fronts. On one side he has initiated the blog (and we must all appreciate this fact) and on the other side he is breaking hearts at Standard Charted Bank as if it is anybodies business.

I think the key for us to start in this manner is the unimaginable effort put in by CC Chandana Weerasekera. I still remember him calling every Wednesday (I thank the current president for replacing the miserable call with a beautiful ladies voice). That reminds of the fact that I have not heard Nithila’s beautiful voice for quite some time.

The moment that got me very excited had nothing to do with official achievements. The excitement came of the fact that Last meeting was shocking (I am still recovering) as there were more guests than members! TM Janaka De Silva was at his best and I can assure you that this Toastmaster year, he will have cent percent attendance. My recommendation to the President is that we must focus Janaka’s energy to complete all the ten speeches within this year.

Finally for us to make sure that this cracking start makes it thorough, all members must pay there dues on time. I haven’t seen TM Ivan Kevitiyagala (treasurer) around for sometime. I think he is mentally preparing himself to receive the large sum of money as subscription.

1 comment: